Topic: Kiosk Page Order

??? How do you establish Kiosk page order? I have multipage view file with several pages exported to a single group. How do you establish page order or home page. There seems to be no page numbering, naming, or export sequence (last = 1st). Any input on this would be apreciated.

Re: Kiosk Page Order

Hi epjman, the default(home) page is determined by the last page you export.

The page order in Kiosk will always(to my knowledge)mirror the design file.

You can drag and switch pages while in a kiosk session.

However on exit kiosk does not save a given page formation but defaults back to the design file when restarted.

All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.

Hi James,
We have had similar questions from customers. We have found in the past that the Kiosk page order does not always appear as in the design file.
I'm afraid I don't really understand your answer: if the default page is determined by the last page exported, but the page order is per the design file, aren't these different statements? Doesn't NWare normally open with the left-most page open?

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Ok, let me try and clear this up.
If you have a 3 page design and you export all three pages for use with kiosk and the last page you export is page 2 for example.
When you connect through kiosk Page 2 will be the page shown on start up.
The page order won't alter so from left to right it will be the same as the design file.
Hope this makes sense.

All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.

crystal! thanks.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

How can I reorder the pages once they have been exported in the wrong order? Can you un-export and then re-export the default page which would then be the last export, redeploy and be back  in buisness?

This worked, simple enough. Thank you for the input.

Last edited by epjman (2008-03-04 16:15:06)