Topic: New Class Instructor

Just uploaded a brand new version of the “Class Instructor† to the Class Materials page.

http://downloads.peavey.com/mm/index.cf … _Materials

It shows a new way to do an Auto Save of the Default Preset, and a good way to keep external controllers (Crestron/AMX/etc.) in sync with a project that is also being controlled by Kiosk Mode.  This also has the new Room Combiner with Level Tracking (the demo of the Ten Room combiner with Tracking that is also on the web site).  It also shows a Python Script that will display a Router Selection, good for Back Ground Music (BGM) Selection.  Some of these devices are available in other Projects or as device,dat.

Some of these are items that we have discussed in our forum already, but we have recently received several emails/phone calls that are asking how these things are done from members of the classes of a couple years back.

Would any of you like to share "teaching" type projects.  Or would like to share Python Scripts ideas, or composite devices in this same manner?  If there is interest, we could create another folder on the Downloads site.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Re: New Class Instructor

For my last project I developed a system by which the end users could not only change the parameter values but also *which* parameters were affected when stored and recalled in a set of scripts that acted like snapshots and/or presets. Effectively it creates a parameter mask for storage and recall. The cool part is these operations can be done completely in operator mode(or kiosk) without the need to recompile or deploy. If anyone is interested, I can whip together an example project and upload it so such a place.

Yes please!

sferguson@peavey.com

Let me know if you wish to remain anonymous when we put it up on the site.

Replaced the ten room combiner on the downloads site.  Fixed a problem that would only allow one instance of the device in a project.