Topic: 1.4.0 final release

Has release been postponed for any reason? Or is it just the Peavey webmaster?
I note that an installer has appeared at http://downloads.peavey.com/mm/index.cf … path=Nware. Is this IT?
We have a number of sites intending to update while it's quiet here, and I'd like to be able to point them to the "real" release.
Thanks,

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: 1.4.0 final release

What was up there until about 4pm Central Standard time was 1.4.0 RC2 (about an hour before this post's time/date stamp).  What is there now is the 1.4.0 Offical (with the MUCH improved help files).  We are still trying to break it, to confirm that it is bug free, and haven't found anything of impact.

We decided, because of the Holidays, to wait until January 14th to put it up on the MediaMatrix public site.  Both 1.2.6 and 1.4.0 will be on this site for at least 2 months.  Once we feel that 1.4.0 has been fully tested by end users, and they have found no major bugs, then we will pull 1.2.6 down.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Thanks for the update, Scott.
I did find the final version, and have just been going through the help files (vast applause for all involved!! big_smile).
I have a few comments/questions about the help files (while very aware that it is a work in progress), which I can pass on when someone asks.

Could someone ask the webmaster to include NION as a "product" on the left of the page?

On a functional level:
I've had 2 NWare crashes while just poking around the device library, but haven't been able to define what caused it yet (running XP SP2).

When putting a new NioNode on screen it does not present the Device Properties window; except Custom... (CAB4n does). I think it should.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Hi,When I emulate it tell me pacaman_compiler.exe error.
when I save the file , it show me Error:Project Save As :error opening file 'c:\Documents and Settings\å¼ çƒ¨\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMatrix\Nware 1.4.0\temp\untitled29\/deploy_prefs.xml' for writing.I think the Nware 1.4.0 final release not support chinese path.

Just a quick note that we have found two bugs of impact, one related to the ControlManager not compiling if BOOTP or SNMP Discovery are enabled.  The other is if you attach the Signal Probe to a Control Wire instead of an Audio Wire of a Project, NWare on your computer will crash and shut-down.  The NioNode will continue to run, so the audio will continue, and you can restart NWare and re-connect to the Project.

Our Oxford team believes this can be quickly fixed, and we expect a new release early next week for testing.  This will push our plans of public release of the new release from January 14 (so close, but yet so far) to either the following Monday, the 21st or maybe the 28th.

We appreciate all of your help with testing, and will keep you all informed of the progress.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.