I have updated this wave file player to automate a couple more tasks.
1. Each track now has a gain level that is able to be recalled.
2. Each track now has a 3 band parametric EQ that is able to be recalled.
3. There is a field to specify text you want to show up when a track is playing. I use it for title - artist information.
4. There are meters to show the audio is playing.
It is basically an evolution of the original posted above.
Here is the information I included in the help block of the plugin:
-Load'n'Play Wave Player-
This is a 48kHz 16Bit Stereo Wave file player for the NION. It plays one track at a time, but can play up to 32 different tracks. When one track is playing and a different track is selected, it will stop the current track and start playing the most recently selected track.
Type the file name into the "File Name" field and type in the text you want to display when the file plays into the "Displayed Text" field.
If you put the wave files into the "Media" tab in NWare, you can simply type in the name of the file under the "File Name" column. If you use FTP to load the wave files into the NION, you should format the text in the "File Name" column like this for a file called "music.wav" remember, capitalization is important!
After the file name and displayed text are entered, click on the play button to test your file name for correct spelling. The track should start playing. You may now adjust the gain and EQ if desired to adjust how this track plays back. Click the "Save" button to the right when the settings are where you want. The settings will be displayed in the white fields for each track.
Notes On Usage:
1. It is capable of playing back the tracks at different levels to compensate for different mastering levels.
2. It is also capable of applying three bands of EQ dynamically to the different tracks. This allows one track which is bass heavy to be balanced against another track that may not have enough.
3. All these features mean increased setup time, but the result is that when fully configured no one track jumps out beyond the rest.
4. If there is an issue playing a file the Error field above will indicate what the error is.
5. If the track does not play when the corresponding button is pushed and the error indicator does not tell why, increase the Delay Time above. This delay time is the delay between when the initial button is pushed and when the music player attempts to play the track. Large tracks will require more time to load and thus a longer delay time.
Burnt Orange Studios