Topic: number of open kiosk sessions

Is there a limit to how many instances of kiosk can connect to a project?
Is there a point where the system will become slow to respond?

I'm interested in using some tablets as a control interface for some switching in a nion project. It would require up to 10 kiosk consoles. Should I expect any issues?

Re: number of open kiosk sessions

There is a limit to the number of simultaneous NWare sessions that can connect to a single project. That limit is 32. Your requirement of 10 connections will be able to be easily handled.

You may want to check the CPU load on the NIONs if you find any of the control to be sluggish. There are ways to reduce the CPU loading on the NION to help your 10 Kiosk sessions to run well.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

I was trying to use a microsoft surface pro as a kiosk interface but it has a couple of issues. One of which is that in order to get momentary switch to stay depressed you have to swipe and hold it. Do you know how the ntouch 180 works in this regard?

Nebulous wrote:

I was trying to use a microsoft surface pro as a kiosk interface but it has a couple of issues. One of which is that in order to get momentary switch to stay depressed you have to swipe and hold it. Do you know how the ntouch 180 works in this regard?

I'm not sure about the Microsoft Surface Pro as I have never used one, but the nTouch 180 is a resistive touch screen.

A momentary button, by definition, is only on when you are pushing it. Why you need to swipe it on the Surface Pro is something I do not understand, but on an nTouch 180 you can simply press the screen and hold it as long as you want it on.

If you want the button to stay on after removing your finger, you need to switch the type to toggle instead of momentary.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios