Topic: Instant translate for the Knowledge Center

Hi,

The Knowledge Center help on the Peavey Oxford website now has a Select Language list on the toolbar. You can choose a language to instantly translate the content using Google Translate.

http://www.peaveyoxford.com/kc

You may need to press F5 when you first load the page to see the new list or clear the browser cache.

Notes:

• The service uses machine translation, rather than human translation, so it is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate. However, it should still be a useful feature.

• The search does not accept words in languages other than English.

All feedback welcome.

Andy.

Re: Instant translate for the Knowledge Center

Hi,

I have made a small change to the way the translation works, and I hope that you find it useful. All words that come directly from the NWare UI are now shown in English. This means that a procedure will describe how to accomplish a task in the selected language, but the names of buttons, menus, devices etc. that are from the user interface will not be translated, so that they match what the user actually sees on screen.

Please let me know if you find this useful.

Andy.

Re: Instant translate for the Knowledge Center

Hi,

I've just made another small update. When you choose a language from the list, the Google Translate bar that normally appears at the top of the screen will no longer appear.

The problem with this toolbar was that it pushed everything on the screen downwards and prevented the scroll bars from working correctly. It was also quite annoying (!)

Andy.