Topic: Now that we can post files, here's one

Someone called and asked for the Signal Probe, so here is both Josh's and mine version, all in one Project.  Both are good, just do it different.

Later that same day....
Someone else called and asked for a different version...Modified Josh's to give them what they wanted.

Fergy

Last edited by Fergy (2012-01-19 23:22:13)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Signal Probe with CHIMP.npa 71.39 kb, 813 downloads since 2012-01-19 

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Re: Now that we can post files, here's one

Now that the Scheduler has been repaired (see release notes for 1.6.5), here is Project file that has 4 different schedulers;

A Scheduler block that has both the Scheduler Generator and the Scheduler

A Multi-Scheduler that can provide up to four repeating schedules in a single hour
(for example, if you need to repeat a message every 15 minutes)

A Scheduler that repeats, but will end on a certain date
(for example, a "Thanks for doing your Christmas shopping with us", that you would want to end on December 26th)

And finally, a Scheduler that will both start and stop on a certain date.

Fergy

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Scheduler Combos.npa 106.2 kb, 726 downloads since 2012-10-03 

Hey Scott,
I like the Scheduler Combos; will add the file to my training handouts.
One question: what do the Virtual Assign devices do? It looks like a Peer Link would do the same, or are they a hangover from something bigger?

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Those connections require master-slave linkage, so peer to peer won't work. The Virtual Assign allows Master-Slave to work the way they need to work.

Fergy

phils wrote:

One question: what do the Virtual Assign devices do?

Hi Phil,

The Virtual Assign devices are actually more like a control router, but slightly different. You can retain the ability to manipulate the DSP controls and the generic control will move to the value of whatever DSP control you switch the virtual assign to. It allows you to have a set of dynamic controls that can be assigned to one of several DSP controls, kind of like flipping pages on a digital audio console surface... the faders move, but the values don't change. This is the same sort of thing.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the explanation, but I think in this case Scott isn't doing any switching, just using it to set up a 1:1 assign. Right?

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Yes, but the point is that the Virtual Assign is FAR more powerful than what you see in his project file.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

So, with the interest in the "Virtual Assign" I thought I might share this little file I whipped up to show how the Virtual Assign control can be used with the JL Cooper ES-8/100 fader pack to allow you to control 32 channels of gain with the 8 faders using 4 pages.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon VirtualAssignExample.npa 74.37 kb, 738 downloads since 2012-10-05 

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios