Topic: Nware Kiosk supported OS

I need to buy a new tablet pc just to run nware kiosk, do I need a windows or apple OS
or could I use a (cheaper) tablet with android?
Thanks.

Re: Nware Kiosk supported OS

NWare:Kiosk requires Windows. So, you will need to get a Windows tablet PC if you want to go that way.

Otherwise, If you want to use an iPad, there is an app for that. NWare:mobile is available in the App Store for iOS devices. Please be aware, however, that in order to use NWare:mobile and iOS devices with your NION project, you will also need either an nTouch 180 or nControl to provide the gateway that links the NWare platform to the iOS platform.

There is not currently a similar simple solution for the Android platform. However, please let me know if you would like one to be developed. I am constantly providing feedback to the software engineering group on these topics. There has been quite a bit of interest in Android platforms as of late, so you never know what might happen in the future.

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Re: Nware Kiosk supported OS

Thanks for the info Josh, I need this on a short term base so I wil buy a windows tablet.
In the future would like a Android, much lower price and more choice in makes and models.
Could even use a Android based tablet as a build-in wall control?!?
Edit: Sorry, Just found out the nTouch 180 already exists..

Last edited by mrass (2012-07-02 13:06:59)