Topic: Example Device

To all,

I’ve place two files (one zip, one .npp plugin file) with an example of the device creation ideas I mentioned last post.  Location is -- 

http://ChampionEnt.net/ftp/Peavey

The zip only adds files to the NWare plugins folder, no existing NWare files are changed.

The zip should be unzipped to the following folder --

Program Files\MediaMatrix\NWare 1.x.x\plugins   (‘Program Files’ is ‘Program Files (x86)’ on 64-bit systems)

Then import the plugin file.  Once dragged onto a page, the ‘device properties’ can be changed.

For people interested in ControlMatrix for Windows, the device creates flyoffs for all the inputs, which are often paralleled.  All controls are placed in a 'GUI block', which can be easily copied to another page.  Inside of it, the gains tab allows controlling gains using a zone selector and a common set of faders.  Once emulated, the state indicators are wired to the first two ‘privacy’ buttons on the ‘Status’ tab.  I set a limit of 16 zones based solely on the height of the pages.

For people interested in creating devices, the GUI block allows one to add ‘state’ indicators to a container for control pages.  In the schematic define (composite_schematic) the looping and variable assignment for creating the real controls for the virtual assign devices may be helpful.  Search for ‘load_VAReal.’  Also, the use of ‘specify’ using the ‘gr_label_common’ define.

Included files are –

3rd_party\devices
   CE_CMWZoneStackGB.pres.xml  main device file
   CE_CMWZoneStackGB.if.xml       main device properties file

3rd_party\devices\composite
   CE_CMWZoneBlock.pres.xml       page zone device used inside stack
   CE_CMWZoneBlock.pres.xml       page zone device properties file

CE_gui_block.pres.xml                GUI block device file
   CE_gui_block.if.xml                     Needed, but almost empty

Shared\devices
   CE_gui_device.presinc.xml           contains the GUI block, overridden defines
   CE_common.presinc.xml              contains common defines

Finally, some of the syntax in the xml files is only apparent if one looks at a file that uses it.  Also, although one can use the ‘button – transparent polygon’ in the NWare UI, I could not get it to work in a pres.xml file.  If anyone has any suggestions or questions, please contact me.

Thanks,

Greg