Topic: Back-up your user devices.

Just finished teaching another MM Seminar this last week, and a best practice that was shared is backing up your user devices on your file server or external hard drive on a regular basis.  Your user devices (just in case you don't remember or haven't attended) are found here;

C:\Program Files\MediaMatrix\NWare [your most current version of software goes here]\plugins\nware\user_devices

While you are doing this, take the time to back-up any user scripts that you have created (if you have any of your own scripts) by backing up the "user_script.xml", which is found right near by in this folder;

C:\Program Files\MediaMatrix\NWare [your most current version of software goes here]\plugins\nware\xml

Another way to create a back-up is to create a Project File with all of your devices and scripts included, and saving that to your back-up drive.

As I shared this tip with the class, I realized that I had not followed my own best practice recently.  And I had just created some rather large, time consuming devices that would have been lost if my hard drive had crashed.  So let this also be a friendly reminder to make that back-up.

Scott

Last edited by Fergy (2009-04-28 21:08:24)

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.