Topic: Deployment of a Role Questions

I have gone through documentation for both Nware and the Nion hardware, but I cant seem to find a definitive answer.   This actually may be a very silly question.  I am just now finally getting the chance to modify roles and deploy them, and I ran into a slight problem.   When attempting to deploy a role to one of my NION N3's.. it gets stuck on the error message, "Stopping current Role".. and just hangs.  I end up  having to power down the box from the front LED panel and then redeploy the role to the box to get it back up. 

Question is: Do we hae to stop the current role on the box before attemptin to deploy a new role to it?  I am assuming that is the case, but I wanted to verify it here if possible.   Also, is there a checklist anyone can either suggest or provide of things to just double check before deploying a new role to a NION box? 

Thanks in advance.

Re: Deployment of a Role Questions

Answered my own question..  apparently since I changed the project "name".. I needed to erase the current role assigned to the box before I deployed it.

No, you don't need to erase the current role before deploying a new role, whether a new name or not.  Something else has happened to cause this problem.  If you have the problem again, let us know, and we will work through your problem.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Hi, Which Version of Nware/Firmware where you using when this problem came about?

All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.

It was Nware version 1.4.1.   If it occurs again I will post up more detailed information.