Topic: Mirror site

The mm.peavey.com site has been down all weekend (our time), and still is.
One of our customers was trying to download NWare 1.2.4 (which we were able to help with).

Would it be possible to make at least software available from the peaveyoxford site (as the KC is)?
This would be consistent with the aim of having support available 24/7 around the world.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Mirror site

Phil-

I do appreciate your concern about the uptime for the MediaMatrix website. Believe me, we ALL desire 99.999% uptime. Obviously, as you have noted, our current server approach does not come anywhere near serving that need. So, changes are afoot.

We are moving the website to another host and we should experience considerably faster load times, considerably faster file download speeds, and CONSIDERABLY better uptime.

I am certain that everyone will notice when it happens because it will not be subtle.

As usual, thank you for sharing your concern. I do appreciate all feedback that comes with the website.

Thanks!

-Josh

p.s. at the time of this writing, there is something screwy with the website that is causing the product and download pages to not be displayed correctly. We are aware of this issue and we are working on a remedy.

update: I think I have found the issue with the display of the website. I have made some adjustments to correct the issues but we will have to wait for the web guys to come in (about 8AM US CDT, 2PM GMT) to implement the changes. Thanks for understanding!

Last edited by JoshM (2008-07-22 04:39:04)

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Having improved uptime will obviously be great, but any site will be down at some time (I presume). Middle of the night for you will be business hours for us, so that's why a second site for critical downloads would be helpful.
I guess the fix to the downloads page didn't. Is the plan to have something like the old site: latest at top, previous below; and NWare and Kiosk together?

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Phil-

We are going to reorganize the Downloads portion of the website. On the website will only be the latest version of NWare. There will be an archive of all the current and old versions of NWare on another site. This could be mirrored both at peavey.com and peaveyoxford.com.

What do you think about that?

Thanks!

-Josh

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Sounds like a good idea.
thanks, Josh

- George Bernard Shaw

Just to make the point: it's Monday morning here, and no MM site.
PDR is up, so a mirror would be cool.

- George Bernard Shaw