Topic: NWare 1.4.2 RC2

RC2 can be found here:

http://www.peaveyoxford.com/NWare_1.4.2_rc2.msi

Changes are:
1. You no longer have to uninstall the previous beta/RC installation to install this.
2. We've fixed the copying of settings from a previous release
3. The mono gain device now has the live taper option.
4. The live taper is now off by default.
5. We had a problem with the start menu shortcuts.  This is now fixed.
6. Help file has been updated.

Let us know what you think, if this looks good we will release next Tuesday.

Re: NWare 1.4.2 RC2

Hi Charles,
Good to see we're still moving forward quite rapidly!!
Will the release go straight to http://mm.peavey.com/nion/index.cfm?
Will Kiosk go up as well?
A quick look reveals some of the issues in beta1 are still present:

Expression Label toolbar Icon doesn't work when flyoffs selected; does for labels and alias'.
Find results: AutoNumber still there.
Help: it would be good if Contents rather than Index was open in initial view.

It's great there's Kiosk Help now.
One error I saw: Command lines still being talked about (Logging on and loading a project automatically).
Also Kiosk Troubleshooting should maybe start a bit less scary than "pandad has crashed" (implying that this happens often!). How about "check network" etc?

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

Also just remembered: Tab Properties is invisible in the R-clk menu

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
                                                                                        - George Bernard Shaw

1. One old outstanding issue which i keep forgetting to mention is with the Cab4n Manual within Help on Page 31(GPIO) it states:

Analog In,self powered(pin feeds required voltage through pot or switch to common).

This is false as there is no Voltage present,you need an External power feed for Analog In assigned pins.

Correcting this will save Installers time and confusion and save us a few emails/phone calls.

2. From the Device Tree Menu, when you do a right click on a device and select the Help option on this device it takes you to the Index Tab within Help and has a Keyword entry of either pion,pacman or composite_x_x depending on what type of device it is you have requested help on. This doesn't really help as you end up with a device highlighted beginning with P or C.

I'm sure this used to kind of work, however looking at recent releases i get the same results! Did this ever work anyone? or am i dreaming?

3. Also i agree with Phils' reference to the Kiosk Troubleshooting statement.

All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.

Hi Charles,
How is Tuesday posting of 1.4.2 looking?
We're mid-training, and would like to mention it if possible.
Thanks

- George Bernard Shaw