Topic: NWare 1.4.2 RC 1

Hot on the heels of the beta is a release candidate.

Get it here:

peaveyoxford.com/NWare_142_rc1.msi

Added to this is a new device property for the mixers and multi-channel gain controls.  This is called "live taper".  If you check it, the fader tapers are adjusted to be more like a live mixing console taper.  This gives you more resolution at the higher gains.

Note that if you have installer 1.4.2 beta, you will need to un-install it before installing this release.

Known issues are:

1. Copying of settings from the previous release is not working properly.
2. The mono gain device does not have the live taper option.

Re: NWare 1.4.2 RC 1

Just a quick note about the "live taper" ability for the mixers and gain controls, with this release the "live taper" option is automatically enabled when you drag the device in.

I am thinking that by default "live taper" should be disabled.

It would be nice to enable the "live taper" option in the panner devices on both the trim and pan controls.

Thanks!

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios

Re: NWare 1.4.2 RC 1

And "live taper" should also be a generic control selection.

A big issue has come up in the class...

1.4.2 is not compatible with 1.4.1 firmware.  I started the class using 1.4.1, and then showed everyone the upgrade process to 1.4.2.

I then did an upload and connect to a Nion that was running 1.4.1, and NWare then became very unstable.  After class, I tested a few issues, and found that 1.4.2 breaks with 1.4.1.  And that to stabilize NWare required a reboot of my computer.

We have also had several un-expected shutsdowns in the class, by several students.  But never the same issue, or at the same time. And I have not identified any specific reasons.  We are currently saving often, and continuing to test the software.

Sorry about the vagueness of this last, but most importantly, wanted to pass on the 1.4.1/1.4.2 issue.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.