Topic: About NWare 1.4.0 final release problem

Hi,When I emulate it tell me pacaman_compiler.exe error.
when I save the file , it show me Error:Project Save As :error opening file 'c:\Documents and Settings\�� 烨\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMatrix\Nware 1.4.0\temp\untitled29\/deploy_prefs.xml' for writing.I think the Nware 1.4.0 final release not support chinese path.

Re: About NWare 1.4.0 final release problem

Zhangye,
  Is this a new problem with 1.4.0?  Did this work in a previous release?  Also, are you running under Windows XP or Vista?  Thanks!

cwa,
  The nware download from http://downloads.peavey.com/mm/index.cf … Nware.When I install the Nware 1.4.0,my OS also have 1.2.6. My OS is windows XP sp2 of chinese.My login name is chinese name,not english name.If I use english name login ,I can use the 1.4.0.I also try to uninstall the 1.2.6,then install 1.4.0 with use chinese name login .The problem alos have.

Last edited by zhangye (2008-01-11 11:17:40)

We have several Korean members in our class this week who are using the Korean version of Windows XP and Vista.  Both are experiencing the same problem.  Both will need to continue to use NWare 1.2.6 with their version of Windows (because this version does work with other language of Windows).

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

Also 1.4.0 Expression Labeler does not work with Flyoffs,  When Flyoffs are highlighted the expression labeler is grayed out.  Using Ctrl + Shift + X will bring up the Expression labeler but will de-select the flyoffs

The Flyoff issue is a known bug that will not be fixed with this version.  The workaround is control+shift+F until the ICON can be fixed.

Make it intuitive, never leave them guessing.

This works fine for me (in 1.4.1).  The icon in the toolbar is only for expression labeling device names.

I would like to update everyone on what we're planning to do about the issue of support for non-Latin characters in path names and Windows user names.

NWare version 1.4.2 will support Windows user names that contain non-Latin characters, but it will not support Windows path names that contain these characters. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide a solution for the path names.

kmm5342 wrote:

Also 1.4.0 Expression Labeler does not work with Flyoffs,  When Flyoffs are highlighted the expression labeler is grayed out.  Using Ctrl + Shift + X will bring up the Expression labeler but will de-select the flyoffs

That is correct. However, in 1.4.1:

Ctrl+Shift+X is expression labeling for Control Alias... flyoffs do not have Control Alias.

Ctrl+Shift+F will give you expression labeling for flyoffs.

Ctrl+Shift+E will give you expression labeling for labels/devices (this is what the icon in the toolbar does)

-Josh

Josh Millward
Burnt Orange Studios